We specialize in a collaborative design process while creating integrated public and private sector artworks involving the owner through each step. At Murano Studios we ensure the utmost craftsmanship from conception to completion of each project - consistently collaborating and communicating with all stakeholders.
Allow Murano Studios to work with you and your team to create a sense of place and community on your next arts integrated project.
Whether you want to create a community connection through a visual element, integrate art into a developing space, or create an artwork for an established area, we are here to assist. We will gladly meet with you to define your vision and create a timeline to suit your immediate needs as well as long term plans.
Services we provide -
- Develop Project Concept/Theme Collaboratively with Owners, Design Team, Architects, Engineers
- Research Materials and Specifications
- Generate cost estimates
- Create Schematic/Finalized Design Drawings and Models
- Present to Design Councils, City Councils, Board of Directors
- Schedule Project Process with Architects, Owners and Contractors
- Educate students on design process, materials, fabrication processes and community connections
- Fabricate and Install Large Scale Works of Art - Glass Tile Mosaic, Handmade Ceramic Tile, Sculpted Concrete, Stone, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Bronze, Water and Lighting
- Administer Project Construction
- Create Community Connections
Founder of Murano Studios, Tina Murano is a regionally known artist and art consultant. She has over 25 years of experience in the visual arts and has been commended for her numerous collaborative and integrated public art projects.
Murano Studios Crew includes: Nate Murano, Olivia Thomas, Greg Lugrand, Dale Vice, Mary Lee-McDonald and Marco Salerno.
Kansas Cultural Trust Artist Grant, 2005
KAEA Arts Administrator Award, 2010
KAEA Overall Outstanding Arts Educator Award, 2014
M.Ed Art Curriculum and Instruction, WSU, Wichita, KS 2004
BFA, Sculpture, WSU, Wichita, KS 1991
Mosaic Art School, Ravenna, Italy, 2005
Graduate Studies, Sculpture, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, 1992
Artist Residency, Skowhegan School of Sculpture, Skowhegan Maine, 1991